At the core of the IMPEL+ program are intensive in-person IMPEL+ Pitch Workshops.
Our IMPEL+ expert coaches provide dynamic guidance to help IMPEL+ Innovators refine and practice their pitches in clear, concise, and compelling terms.
Workshops will include thoughtful pre-work, real-time tailored exercises, on-video training, and professional critique from IMPEL+ expert coaches.
IMPEL+ Innovators will:
- Develop skills to deliver effective value proposition pitches to non-technical audiences
- Learn approaches to acquire public or private sector funds to bring technology to market
- Refine your roadmap for your hardware and software building technology solution
Selected IMPEL+ Innovators will have an opportunity to present their final pitch idea to a wide audience at the Building Technologies Office's annual Peer Review Conference at Washington DC in April 2020.
IMPEL+ Workshop Dates
Applications are now open; click here for eligibility and how to apply.
- Workshop 1: November 15, 2019, Berkeley, CA
- Workshop 2: December 6, 2019 , Washington DC
- Workshop 3: February 14, 2020, Boston, MA
- Workshop 4: March 10, 2020, Golden, CO
- IMPEL Showcase Event: Spring 2020, Washington DC (Selected IMPEL+ Innovators)
Additional information will be provided closer to the event dates.
A typical IMPEL+ workshop agenda is as follows:
- 08:30 - 08:45 AM: Participant networking and handouts
- 08:45 - 08:50 AM: Welcome, Mary Hubbard, DOE
- 08:50 - 09:05 AM: Overview, Reshma Singh, LBNL
- 09:05 - 09:15 AM: Self-assessment and goal setting
- 09:15 - 09:45 AM: First Pitches, All Innovators
- 09:45 - 10:00 AM: Coach presentations, Christina Ellwood and JJ Singh
- 10:00 - 12:00 PM: Breakout activities session 1
- 12:00 - 12:30 PM: Lunch and QnA with coaches
- 12:30 - 04:30 PM: Breakout activities sessions 2,3,4
- 04:30 - 05:00 PM: Write Final Pitches and feedback
- 05:00 - 06:00 PM: Final Pitches and feedback
- 06:00 - 06:20 PM: Self assessments, evaluation forms
- 06:20 - 06:30 PM: Selection and closing announcements
- 06:30 - 06:45 PM: Video interview of selected candidates
Innovators are encouraged to continue the conversation over an informal, non-hosted networking dinner.